Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[CONTEST] Official "CASCON I Have a Code" discussion

4 posters

Go down

[CONTEST] Official "CASCON I Have a Code" discussion Empty [CONTEST] Official "CASCON I Have a Code" discussion

Post  Eddie Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:39 am

CASCON I Have A Code
Wednesday, October 29, 2008 8:30 am to 4:00 pm

This is a fairly entertaining contest. It's similar to robocode if you have done that before. Basically, you write an AI to take over the entire map with your cells. Your cells start as stem cells, and later can specialize into attacking cells, defending cells, growing cells, etc. You earn points by occupying space or killing others. There are up to 4 other colonies of cells (other AIs) in the same map battling you, and there's a time limit (<1 minute?). This whole thing reminds me of starcraft. Looks fun, check it out.

If you are confused with the installation, read here.

Feel free to share your AIs here. I played around it this morning and made this noob AI, it implements a basic strategy and is partially based on chance. Though it pwns "random colony" 100% of the time, it fails against everyone else.

Spoiler:

Eddie
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 65
Grade : 12
L337ness :
[CONTEST] Official "CASCON I Have a Code" discussion Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100[CONTEST] Official "CASCON I Have a Code" discussion Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-27

https://rhhscs.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

[CONTEST] Official "CASCON I Have a Code" discussion Empty Re: [CONTEST] Official "CASCON I Have a Code" discussion

Post  a13x Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:10 pm

Is this an individual thing? Or are we all just representing our school.

Edit: Never mind, I rtfm'ed

a13x
Alumni
Alumni

Number of posts : 299
Grade : >12
L337ness :
[CONTEST] Official "CASCON I Have a Code" discussion Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100[CONTEST] Official "CASCON I Have a Code" discussion Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

[CONTEST] Official "CASCON I Have a Code" discussion Empty Re: [CONTEST] Official "CASCON I Have a Code" discussion

Post  Dan Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:35 am

Wow this is actually really fun : p. It's really easy to ^^ (just read the manual thing). I'll work on some pro colonies tomorrow.

EDIT: My Growth Cell Colony pwns all colonies except for the growth attack colony XD. It's not quite done yet, so hopefully with a few more extra AI features it'll beat the other growth one.
Dan
Dan
Alumni
Alumni

Number of posts : 73
L337ness :
[CONTEST] Official "CASCON I Have a Code" discussion Left_bar_bleue69 / 10069 / 100[CONTEST] Official "CASCON I Have a Code" discussion Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post  Jamie(); Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:52 am

Here is what I made so far, it's pretty good, can usually beat everything, all depends on where it starts. Take from it what you will. It has an interesting growth pattern, and relitavely tough cells. I also added specific specialization depending on how far away the closest enemy cell is. BTW, I have too many imports, but that's okay (I guess).

Edit: Where I say "play" I mean that you'll need to fool around with it for it to be good. (I think its good, but could be more refined/tested).

Spoiler:
Jamie();
Jamie();
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 43
Grade : 11
L337ness :

Registration date : 2008-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:19 pm

For those who are interested Tyson and I got 4th place (out of 36 teams I believe).
It was pretty lol, 2/3 games Tyson and I played our cells covered the ENTIRE MAP at the end of the round (only one other team managed to do this, and they only did it once). Pretty lol cuz it turns out it's better not to finish off your enemies, but let them stay alive so you can feed off of them (the game was scored on points, not wins).

Alex and Eddy got in the top 10 as well Smile.
Dan
Dan
Alumni
Alumni

Number of posts : 73
L337ness :
[CONTEST] Official "CASCON I Have a Code" discussion Left_bar_bleue69 / 10069 / 100[CONTEST] Official "CASCON I Have a Code" discussion Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post  a13x Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:02 pm

we got ninth *sadface*, meaning we lost the game.

a13x
Alumni
Alumni

Number of posts : 299
L337ness :

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down