Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Having Trouble Opening the CASCON "I have a Code" Contest

5 posters

Go down

Having Trouble Opening the CASCON "I have a Code" Contest Empty Having Trouble Opening the CASCON "I have a Code" Contest

Post  Dan Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:53 am

https://www-927.ibm.com/ibm/cas/cascon/hspc/index.html

"2. Unzip the file into the [Eclipse install dir]/eclipse directory, where [Eclipse install dir] is the directory in which Eclipse is installed. This action should create one or more files with names such as [Eclipse install dir]/eclipse/plugins/com.ibm.games*.jar."

I don't get any such files : <. Anyone else having this problem or know how I messed this up?
Dan
Dan
Alumni
Alumni

Number of posts : 73
Grade : >12
L337ness :
Having Trouble Opening the CASCON "I have a Code" Contest Left_bar_bleue69 / 10069 / 100Having Trouble Opening the CASCON "I have a Code" Contest Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-27

Back to top Go down

Having Trouble Opening the CASCON "I have a Code" Contest Empty Re: Having Trouble Opening the CASCON "I have a Code" Contest

Post  Eddie Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:48 am

I can't get it to work either.

You can import the jar files in eclipse and see ICell.java, KamekazeCell.java etc, but I don't know how to set it all up.. I can't find the sample "MyColony.java" it mentioned in the manual

Eddie
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 65
Grade : 12
L337ness :
Having Trouble Opening the CASCON "I have a Code" Contest Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Having Trouble Opening the CASCON "I have a Code" Contest Right_bar_bleue

https://rhhscs.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Having Trouble Opening the CASCON "I have a Code" Contest Empty Re: Having Trouble Opening the CASCON "I have a Code" Contest

Post  Dan Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:52 pm

Ridout's Instructions:
First, you should download the Eclipse "Classic" version 3.4. It is at the bottom of the page at the Eclipse.org site. I was using the "Eclipse IDE for Java Developers" at school and I couldn't get it to work, but when I installed the "Classic" version it now works. Then you should download and unzip the CodeColony download. You should put the 4 files from this folder into the "plugin" folder inside your Eclipse folder.

When you start up Eclipse. Go to File New Project and Under the Java folder you should see "Java Challenge Project" instead of Java Game. The rest of the instructions are pretty close to the ones on the website.
Dan
Dan
Alumni
Alumni

Number of posts : 73
L337ness :
Having Trouble Opening the CASCON "I have a Code" Contest Left_bar_bleue69 / 10069 / 100Having Trouble Opening the CASCON "I have a Code" Contest Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post  Eddie Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:27 pm

hurray it works!

Eddie
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 65
Grade : 12
L337ness :
Having Trouble Opening the CASCON "I have a Code" Contest Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Having Trouble Opening the CASCON "I have a Code" Contest Right_bar_bleue

https://rhhscs.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  a13x Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:13 pm

Lol this thread is so ollldddd

a13x
Alumni
Alumni

Number of posts : 299
L337ness :

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  thamoron Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:05 am

Bumpity-bump-bump.

thamoron
Senior Programmer
Senior Programmer

Number of posts : 89
Grade : 10
L337ness :

Registration date : 2008-09-08

http://jklsemicolon.personallog.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Mei Sum Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:20 pm

What exactly is the point of bumping this?

Mei Sum
Alumni
Alumni

Number of posts : 103
Grade : <9
L337ness :
Having Trouble Opening the CASCON "I have a Code" Contest Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Having Trouble Opening the CASCON "I have a Code" Contest Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post  a13x Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:52 pm

no idea.... but threads don't even die in this forum, that's how desolate it is

a13x
Alumni
Alumni

L337ness :

Back to top Go down

Post  thamoron Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:32 pm

I use Phoenix Down!

thamoron
Senior Programmer
Senior Programmer

Number of posts : 89
Grade : 10
L337ness :

Registration date : 2008-09-08

http://jklsemicolon.personallog.org

Back to top Go down

Post  a13x Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:52 pm

I use T-Virus!

a13x
Alumni
Alumni

L337ness :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down