Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Having Trouble opening the CASCON "CodeSpy" Contest

3 posters

Go down

Having Trouble opening the CASCON "CodeSpy" Contest Empty Having Trouble opening the CASCON "CodeSpy" Contest

Post  Jamie(); Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:14 pm

IBM has come out with a new contest this year for 2009! Just like last year, we are already having trouble downloading and getting it to work. So far, I found out how to actually get the files: you have to follow thier instructions and instead of simply downloading the .jar files, you need to create a .xml file in eclipse and get it to download (!?). The files will download, and I should be prompted to restart eclipse, but I'm not, and when I do it still has no effect. This is strange, especially since it told me that it was a successful download.

Here is the link: https://www-927.ibm.com/ibm/cas/hspc/hspc2009download.html

Any suggestions?

EDIT: You can get the "restart" prompt by starting the whole process by starting eclipse by 2x clicking "eclipse.exe" in the installation folder, as opposed to a shortcut. I don't know why this works. Keep in mind, they are still working on the beta, so don't stress ourselves out if it doesn't work properly.
Jamie();
Jamie();
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 43
Grade : 11
L337ness :
Having Trouble opening the CASCON "CodeSpy" Contest Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Having Trouble opening the CASCON "CodeSpy" Contest Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-09-06

Back to top Go down

Having Trouble opening the CASCON "CodeSpy" Contest Empty Re: Having Trouble opening the CASCON "CodeSpy" Contest

Post  Tyson Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:49 pm

couldn't get 3.5 Eclipse IDE to work.

Galileo Eclipse SDK worked.

There is a problem with using the same workspace to run CodeSpyInstaller in. Changing to a workspace that hasn't been used usually fixes this (such as CodeSpyTheGameWorkspace). Then do all the steps, create a CodeSpyInstaller in CodeSpyTheGameWorkspace, adding build.xml in the unused workspace's project, building it with Ctrl+F11, choosing Ant BuildFile at top, then getting a screen like:

######################################################################################################

Buildfile: D:\Documents and Settings\HatWearingRaptor\CodeSpyTheGameworkspace\CodeSpyInstaller\build.xml
getPlugin.check:
getPlugin:
download:
[get] Getting: https://www-927.ibm.com/ibm/cas/hspc/codespy.zip
[get] To: D:\Documents and Settings\HatWearingRaptor\CodeSpyTheGameworkspace\CodeSpyInstaller\codespy.zip
[unzip] Expanding: D:\Documents and Settings\HatWearingRaptor\CodeSpyTheGameworkspace\CodeSpyInstaller\codespy.zip into D:\Documents and Settings\HatWearingRaptor\CodeSpyTheGameworkspace\CodeSpyInstaller
[delete] Deleting: D:\Documents and Settings\HatWearingRaptor\CodeSpyTheGameworkspace\CodeSpyInstaller\codespy.zip
[get] Getting: https://www-927.ibm.com/ibm/cas/hspc/codespyVersion.txt
[get] To: D:\Documents and Settings\HatWearingRaptor\CodeSpyTheGameworkspace\CodeSpyInstaller\version.txt
update.else:
update.check:
update:
lock.check:
unlock.prompt:
build.check:
build.message:
build:
[jar] Updating jar: D:\Documents and Settings\HatWearingRaptor\CodeSpyTheGameworkspace\CodeSpyInstaller\plugins\com.ibm.jc.codespy_1.0.0.jar
[move] Moving 4 files to D:\Documents and Settings\HatWearingRaptor\Desktop\PLEASEWORKeclipse-SDK-3.5-win32\eclipse\plugins
[echo] You have successfully installed CodeSpy! Please restart eclipse via File->Restart
BUILD SUCCESSFUL
Total time: 25 seconds

###########################################
(I changed some folder names)

Eclipse 3.5 SDK can be downloaded at:
http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/download.php?file=/eclipse/downloads/drops/R-3.5-200906111540/eclipse-SDK-3.5-win32.zip

Creating a new workspace, and installing IN THE NEW WORKSPACE should work after this. IDE looked like it would work, but didn't. Java Challenge Project didn't show up.

It seems to work for SDK even after changing workspaces.

A failed first install looks like:
######################################################################################################
Buildfile: D:\Documents and Settings\HatWearingRaptor\workspace\CodeSpyInstaller\build.xml
getPlugin.check:
getPlugin:
update.else:
update.check:
[get] Getting: https://www-927.ibm.com/ibm/cas/hspc/codespyVersion.txt
[get] To: D:\Documents and Settings\HatWearingRaptor\workspace\CodeSpyInstaller\versionTemp.txt
[move] Moving 1 file to D:\Documents and Settings\HatWearingRaptor\workspace\CodeSpyInstaller
update:
lock.check:
unlock.prompt:
build.check:
build.message:
[echo] No new updates to install.
build:
BUILD SUCCESSFUL
Total time: 1 second

Tyson
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 22
Grade : 12
L337ness :
Having Trouble opening the CASCON "CodeSpy" Contest Left_bar_bleue99 / 10099 / 100Having Trouble opening the CASCON "CodeSpy" Contest Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-03-21

Back to top Go down

Having Trouble opening the CASCON "CodeSpy" Contest Empty Re: Having Trouble opening the CASCON "CodeSpy" Contest

Post  Tyson Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:54 pm

Clarification: It worked before trying all of this.

Just trying to figure out what could be causing others to fail when I installed it the second time.

Ask me for a copy of Eclipse SDK folder if the installation fails after all this. After installing, the current workspace doesn't seem to matter for SDK.

Tyson
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 22
Grade : 12
L337ness :
Having Trouble opening the CASCON "CodeSpy" Contest Left_bar_bleue99 / 10099 / 100Having Trouble opening the CASCON "CodeSpy" Contest Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:01 pm

Sigh IBM, just sigh.
Dan
Dan
Alumni
Alumni

Number of posts : 73
Grade : >12
L337ness :
Having Trouble opening the CASCON "CodeSpy" Contest Left_bar_bleue69 / 10069 / 100Having Trouble opening the CASCON "CodeSpy" Contest Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down